Friday 4 August 2017

Announcement: New Blog Name

Hello, readers. Tony here with a special announcement: I'm changing my blog's name. By August's end, this site will no longer be known as Anachronarchy, but instead as Arnold's Benediction. I've been considering changing the blog's name for several weeks now, mostly because Anachronarchy sounds kind of silly. Yes, I thought it was cool at first -- plus there were no other websites with that word in it -- but now it seems tacky. Plus, there's the problem of nobody knowing how to pronounce the word.
So I've gone with Arnold's Benediction because I guess you could say that this blog is my way of bestowing my personal blessing (and curses) on that which I see fit to criticize. Also, while I don't personally know anyone named Arnold, the title does sound like Benedict Arnold which I think makes sound catchy and is easier to remember.
(For those of you curious as to my opinions of Benedict Arnold, I think the significance of his defection from the US is greatly overplayed. He was an accomplished Major General with the Continental Army, but once he switched sides his contribution to the British war effort was minor. Despite a life of controversy, his family laid down roots in Canada and became landowners and settlers.)
The name changeover will take place on 31 August. And take note that the site's URL address will likely change as well. (If you can't find this site then I'm sure a Google search of "arnold's benediction blog" will turn it up.)
See ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment