Tuesday 15 December 2015

Star Wars Highs and Lows

There's a new Star Wars coming out! Isn't that rad? And it looks like it's going to be so cool. I'm pumped; I've got my opening night tickets ready to go, so expect my review of it to be up very shortly. Until then I've been going back and watching and admiring a lot of the previous films (mostly the original trilogy). When I was a teenager, I was a pretty big fan of the Star Wars series, especially since the prequel trilogy really brought the franchise to life just as I was coming of age. So to celebrate, I've compiled a list of the highs and lows of the Star Wars series just as I did for the James Bond series last month. Just note that obviously since I haven't seen Episode VII yet, nothing from that film will be included on this list. So here we go:

Best Movie: A New Hope (1977)
Worst Movie: Attack of the Clones (2002)
Most Action-Packed Movie: Revenge of the Sith (2005)
Best Actor: Ian McDiarmid as Palpatine (episodes I, II, III, VI, and later V)
Worst Actor: Jake Lloyd as Anakin Skywalker (The Phantom Menace, 1999)
Most Puzzling Choice of Actor: Samuel L. Jackson as Mace Windu? (episodes I, II, III)
Best Jedi: Obi-Wan Kenobi (all episodes)
Best Villain: Darth Vader (episodes III, IV, V, VI)
Best Villain Besides Darth Vader: Palpatine (episodes I, II, III, VI, and later V)
Best Villain Besides Darth Vader or Palpatine: Darth Maul (from TPM)
Least-Cool Villain: General Grievous (from ROTS)
Best Non-human Character: Chewbacca (episodes III, IV, V, VI)
Best Droid Character: C-3PO (all episodes)
Best Soundtrack: A New Hope
Best Opening Scene: Revenge of the Sith
Lamest Opening Scene: Attack of the Clones
Dumbest Moment: The awkward, cringe-worthy romance in Attack of the Clones
Funniest Moment: Yoda trying to steal Luke's stuff (from The Empire Strikes Back, 1980)
Most Pointless Moment: As a child, Anakin built C-3PO (TPM)
Worst Special Edition Alteration: Tie: Removing the Ewok victory song or CG-ing Jabba's singers (both from Return of the Jedi, 1983)
Most Hilarious Non-English Speaker: Nien Nunb (ROTJ)
Most Brutal Death: General Grevious (from ROTS)
Most Intense Lightsaber Duel: Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. Darth Maul (from TPM)
Best Battle Scene: Hoth (TESB)
Best Special Effects: Return of the Jedi
Worst Special Effects: Attack of the Clones
Coolest Ground Vehicle: AT-AT walker
Coolest Space Vehicle: Vader's TIE fighter
Most Interesting Planet: Tattooine
Dumbest Line: “I don't like sand...” (Anakin, AOTC)
Who Shot First? Han. No argument on this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment