Sunday 11 March 2018

An Announcement: What's Going On

Hey, fellas. Let's chat for a bit. You may have noticed that my output in new content has slowed down a bit in recent months (hence all the old review reposts). The reason? Due to certain changes in my life I now have far less free time than I had before. I know that this may be upsetting to some of you who regularly check in with Arnold's Benediction (if you people really exist).
I apologize for this recent lack in content, but before dismissing me as a lazy tosser who deserves an untimely demise I ask that you please consider the following:

  1. Writing new material for this blog takes time. Even my movie reviews take around two hours to write. This article you're reading right now took about 45 minutes to complete. After coming up with an idea for an article I've got to do preliminary research, I've got to gather and organize my thoughts, plan what I'm going to say, and then once the first draft is done I've got to do one or two edits/proofreads to see if it meets my standards. Even the research can take a long time since it typically involves watching films, playing video games, and reading books and articles in their entirety. I do all these steps because (A) I want to make sure my articles are readable and at least somewhat interesting to you guys, and (B) because I need to make sure that what I'm writing is true and as factual as possible.
  2. I'm not getting paid to do this. Arnold's Benediction is just a hobby for me. If I was making money off of it then I would probably invest more time in providing a steady stream of content. But as it is now, this is and always has been something I do simply for fun. And if you readers get any enjoyment out of the free content I've barfed up on this blog then that's a cool bonus.
  3. I have a full time job and a dwelling to maintain. On top of that I also volunteer once or twice a week. So yeah, my free time is kind of at a premium.
Like I said, I'm sorry that I can't come up with new stuff every single week (though I wish I could). However, having said all this I have been working on something new which will hopefully be ready for next weekend. In the meantime I'll keep reposting old reviews (from the Facebook days) for as long as I can/have to and don't forget that there's always two-and-a-half years' worth of past articles to read on Arnold's Benediction.
Thank you for your patience. I'll see you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment